Marquez advice helped keep Hadjar out of Dutch GP

"The injury is a very fine hairline fracture"

Marquez advice helped keep Hadjar out of Dutch GP
Author: GMM
22 August 2026 - 09:33

Isack Hadjar reportedly wanted to race at Zandvoort despite his wrist injury, but advice from MotoGP champion Marc Marquez helped convince him not to take the risk.

Canal Plus journalist Julien Febreau says Hadjar and Marquez share physiotherapist Carlos Garcia, and that Marquez contacted the Red Bull driver after learning about the injury.

"Marc Marquez was clear with Hadjar and advised him not to race this weekend under those physical conditions," Febreau reported.

Sky Deutschland says the injury is a very fine hairline fracture in Hadjar’s wrist, apparently suffered during boxing training.

Hadjar reportedly barely noticed the moment it happened, with the problem only becoming obvious the following morning.

Red Bull team principal Laurent Mekies says the team is treating the absence as precautionary.

"He’ll be here later, too, though he can’t drive," the Frenchman said at Zandvoort.

"It’s unfortunate, but we don’t take any chances with that. He’s had a really good first half of the season, but we don’t want to take any chances."

"So he skips this race and we give him the chance to recover."

The key question now is whether Hadjar will be fit for Monza in two weeks or whether the injury will cost him more races.

"It’s too early to say anything about that," Mekies insisted.

"But our goal is for Isack to be back in the cockpit in Monza."

Hadjar has already appeared in the Red Bull garage at Zandvoort, although he has not yet spoken publicly.

Liam Lawson is replacing him and has so far handled the step back into the senior team well, while Yuki Tsunoda has temporarily returned to Racing Bulls.

That reshuffle also complicates Red Bull’s 2027 driver planning.

Racing Bulls CEO Peter Bayer says both Lawson and Arvid Lindblad are performing strongly, while Formula 2 leader Nikola Tsolov is also pushing for promotion.

"Arvid and Liam are both doing a fantastic job," Bayer said on Friday.

"Same really goes for Nicolas, who’s doing a really, really good job in Formula 2. We will actually run him next week in the TPC in Imola, just to continue to help prepare him."

"Ultimately, the driver lineup for next year is a decision for Alan (Permane) to take."


Partage