The crews are ready to start
After completing the shakedown
The 130 crews eager to start the Barum Rally enjoyed a last opportunity to fine-tune their cars this morning as they completed the event’s shakedown.
They tackled a 4.72 kilometres stage, located between the villages of Komárov and Pohořelice, and were faced with changing conditions. The roads were wet at the start but dried out through the five-hour test.
This was a good thing for the crews as more rain is forecast for the weekend.
Juho Hanninen set the fastest time ahead of Kris Meeke and Thierry Neuville. Local favorite Jan Kopecky was only sixth fastest.
The rally will kick off later tonight with a super special in the streets of Zlin.
Top ten shakedown times:
1. Juho HÄNNINEN-Mikko MARKKULA (FIN, Škoda Fabia S2000) 2:54.2
2. Kris MEEKE-Paul NAGLE (GB/IRL, Peugeot 207 S2000) +0,7
3. Thierry NEUVILLE-Nicolas KLINGER (F, Peugeot 207 S2000) +1,7
4. Freddy LOIX-Frédéric MICLOTTE (B, Škoda Fabia S2000) +2.0
5. Bryan BOUFFIER-Xavier PANSERI (F, Peugeot 207 S2000) +2.3
6. Jan KOPECKÝ-Petr STARÝ (CZ, Škoda Fabia S2000) +3.0
7. Pavel VALOUŠEK jun.-Zdeněk HRŮZA (CZ, Škoda Fabia S2000) +3.7
8. Andreas MIKKELSEN-Ola FLOENE (N, Ford Fiesta S2000) +4.4
9. Guy WILKS-Philip PUGH (GB, Škoda Fabia S2000) +5.1
10. Tomáš KOSTKA-Vít HOUŠŤ (CZ, Škoda Fabia S2000) +5.3