Paddon: It’s Citroen or Hyundai
Kiwi expects to announce 2015 plans within two weeks
Hayden Paddon is weighing up offers from Citroen and Hyundai for next year’s FIA World Rally Championship.
The Kiwi told TVNZ ONE News today (Tuesday) he expected to finalise his plans by the middle of December.
“To have two offers on the table from two different teams is certainly quite humbling, and probably complicates the process a bit more, but it means that maybe we did something right this year.
“We’re just working through the fine details at the moment and hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will become apparent what we’re doing,” he said.
Paddon, who won the PWRC championship in 2011, drove six rallies this season in a third car at Hyundai. His best result was sixth in Australia.
The Korean manufacturer has Thierry Neuville confirmed for a full programme with Dani Sordo scheduled for a minimum of 10 rounds, and maybe all 13 events.
Citroen, which will run its 2015 season under the DS brand, has confirmed Kris Meeke for the whole campaign, with Sébastien Loeb joining him for the season-opening Rallye Monte-Carlo (22 - 25 January).
Mads Østberg is hopeful of retaining his seat with the French squad and it is unclear if Paddon’s offer is as Meeke’s team-mate or in a third DS3. However, Paddon previously said he did not expect to be in Monte-Carlo.
“Things have come a long way even in 12 months. Twelve months ago it was looking pretty tough. We have to also think about what’s going to give us the best chance to be competitive in the future so that’s all part of the decision making process as well,” he added.
add_circle Breaking news: Sordo secures Italian double
More on WRC