Magnussen will replace Alonso at the final test
Button will be testing the McLaren-Honda car tomorrow
McLaren-Honda has confirmed that Fernando Alonso will sit out the final test of the winter this week.
Earlier on Wednesday, three nights in hospital after his testing crash at Barcelona, the Spaniard finally returned home to his native Oviedo.
McLaren said in a statement that Alonso will now spend the next few days in "further rest and recuperation" rather than returning to the wheel of the MP4-30 this week.
The newly Honda-powered team said its reserve Kevin Magnussen will replace him.
"Jenson (Button) will be testing the McLaren-Honda car tomorrow (February 26)," McLaren added.
Following his testing accident at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya last Sunday, McLaren confirmer that Fernando Alonso has now left hospital. He has returned to his family’s home in Spain for further rest and recuperation.
As a result, he will sit out this week’s final winter test, at which he was due to share driving duties with Jenson Button. Kevin Magnussen, McLaren-Honda’s test and reserve driver, will replace him.
Jenson will be testing the McLaren-Honda car tomorrow (February 26), and the team will confirm the full day-to-day running order in due course.