Wehrlein admits to Ferrari ’talks’

"My goal remains formula one"

Search

By GMM

11 January 2019 - 11:06

Pascal Wehrlein has admitted to having "talks" with Ferrari.

Reports suggest the former Manor and Sauber driver, who recently split with Mercedes and is now a Formula E driver, will work in Ferrari’s simulator in 2019.

"The situation is that talks are taking place, but nothing has been confirmed yet," German Wehrlein told the German publication Motorsport-Magazin.com.

"One of the reasons I chose Formula E is that I can also work in other championships," he added.

"I said last year that I’m very interested in doing something else besides Formula E. A role with Ferrari would of course be a very good opportunity," said Wehrlein, 24.

He admitted his friendship with Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel is an asset.

"I’ve gotten along well with him for a very long time," Wehrlein said. "To what extent he was involved, I cannot assess."

At any rate, he thinks the news will be made official "very soon".

"My goal remains formula one, but at the moment I am happy where I am. For me it’s good to sit in a formula car, because I see my future in formula racing."

Bild newspaper said Wehrlein’s Ferrari duties kicked off in the simulator at Maranello on Monday.

Ferrari

Formula 1 news






Pics

Videos

expand_less